Accepted Papers – ALTA 2022
The following long and short papers have been accepted for oral or poster presentation at ALTA 2022.
- Using public domain resources and off-the-shelf tools to produce high-quality multimedia texts Manny Rayner, Belinda Chiera and Cathy Chua.
- TCG-Event: Effective Task Conditioning for Generation-based Event Extraction Fatemeh Shiri, Tongtong Wu, Yuanfang Li and Gholamreza Haffari.
- Complex Reading Comprehension Through Question Decomposition Xiao-Yu Guo, Yuan-Fang Li and Gholamreza Haffari.
- Fine-tuning a Subtle Parsing Distinction Using a Probabilistic Decision Tree: the Case of Postnominal "that" in Noun Complement Clauses vs. Relative Clauses Zineddine Tighidet and Nicolas Ballier.
- Using Aspect-Based Sentiment Analysis to Classify Attitude-bearing Words Pradeesh Parameswaran, Andrew Trotman, Veronica Liesaputra and David Eyers.
- Specifying Optimisation Problems for Declarative Programs in Precise Natural Language Rolf Schwitter.
- Improving Text-based Early Prediction by Distillation from Privileged Time-Series Text Jinghui Liu, Daniel Capurro, Anthony Nguyen and Karin Verspoor.
- Stability of Forensic Text Comparison System Susan Brown and Shunichi Ishihara.
- Academic Curriculum Generation using Wikipedia for External Knowledge Anurag Reddy Muthyala and Vikram Pudi.
- Interactive Rationale Extraction for Text Classification Jiayi Dai, Mi-Young Kim and Randy Goebel.
- Textstar: a Fast and Lightweight Graph-Based Algorithm for Extractive Summarization and Keyphrase Extraction David Brock, Ali Khan, Tam Doan, Alicia Lin, Yifan Guo and Paul Tarau.
- Contrastive Visual and Language Learning for Visual Relationship Detection Thanh Tran, Maelic Neau, Paulo Santos and David Powers.
- Zhangzhou Implosives and Their Variations Yishan Huang and Gwendolyn Hyslop.
- The Corpus of Australian and New Zealand Spoken English: A new resource of naturalistic speech transcripts Steven Coats.
- The Role of Context in Vaccine Stance Prediction for Twitter Users Aleney Khoo, Maciej Rybinski, Sarvnaz Karimi and Adam Dunn.
- Robustness of Hybrid Models in Cross-domain Readability Assessment Ho Hung Lim, Tianyuan Cai, John S. Y. Lee and Meichun Liu.
- A DistilBERTopic Model for Short Text Documents Junaid Rashid, Jungeun Kim, Usman Naseem and Amir Hussain.
- Generating Code-Switched Text from Monolingual Text with Dependency Tree Bryan Gregorius and Takeshi Okadome.
- Can Language Models Help in System Security? Investigating Log Anomaly Detection using BERT Crispin Almodovar, Fariza Sabrina, Sarvnaz Karimi and Salahuddin Azad.
- A Semantics of Spatial Expressions for interacting with unmanned aerial vehicles Lucas Domingos and Paulo Santos.
- Estimating the Strength of Authorship Evidence with a Deep-Learning-Based Approach Shunichi Ishihara, Satoru Tsuge, Mitsuyuki Inaba and Wataru Zaitsu.
- Automatic Explanation Generation For Climate Science Claims Rui Xing, Shraey Bhatia, Timothy Baldwin and Jey Han Lau.
- Evaluating the Examiner: The Perils of Pearson Correlation for Validating Text Similarity Metrics Gisela Vallejo, Timothy Baldwin and Lea Frermann.
- A Multi-Faceted Reward for Adversarial Attacks on Text Classifiers Tom Roth, Inigo Jauregi Unanue, Alsharif Abuadbba and Massimo Piccardi.
- Verifying Urarina Language Phonemes With TensorFlow Michael Dorin and Judith Dorin.
- Probing of Quantitative Values in Abstractive Summarization Models Nathan White
- Zero-shot Slot Filling with Slot-Prefix Prompting and Attention Relationship Descriptor Qiaoyang Luo and Lingqiao Liu
- Writing Progress in Australian Schools: An Experimental Proof-of-concept Application Charbel El-Khaissi
- Overview of the 2022 ALTA Shared task: PIBOSO sentence classification, 10 years later Diego Molla
- Context-Aware Sentence Classification in Evidence-Based Medicine Biaoyan Fang and Fajri Koto
- Enhancing the DeBERTa Transformers Model for Classifying Sentences from Biomedical Abstracts Abdul Aziz, Md. Akram Hossain, and Abu Nowshed Chy
- Automatic Classification of Evidence Based Medicine Using Transformers Necva Bolucu, Pinar Uskaner Hepsag